It’s difficult to definitively say who the smartest human being that’s ever lived is, as intelligence can be measured and defined in many different ways, and there have been countless exceptional individuals throughout history in various fields. Additionally, many geniuses lived before standardized tests and IQ tests were developed, which makes it challenging to compare their intelligence to contemporary individuals.
However, some of the individuals who are often considered to be among the smartest people in history include:
- Albert Einstein: A physicist who is known for his theory of relativity and contributions to the development of the atomic bomb.
- Leonardo da Vinci: A polymath who made significant contributions to various fields such as art, science, engineering, and mathematics.
- Isaac Newton: A mathematician, physicist, and astronomer who is known for his laws of motion, universal gravitation, and contributions to calculus.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: A German poet, writer, and scientist who made important contributions to the study of optics and colors.
- Stephen Hawking: A physicist who made significant contributions to the study of black holes, cosmology, and the universe’s origins.
Of course, this list is not exhaustive, and many other individuals could be considered among the smartest people in history. Ultimately, it’s challenging to compare intelligence across different eras and fields, as each individual’s talents and achievements are unique.